Monday, January 9, 2012

The Art Teacher


I have been an art teacher for quite a while.  20 years to be exact.  I had collected quite a bit of art that I had done as examples for my classes in addition to my own stuff.  Some of them were starters and I never finished them, but several I took a liking to and saw them through to completion.  A couple of years ago our school went through a major renovation.  I, in my desire to leave quickly for the summer, did not pack away one of my most important collections - my own portfolio that dated back to my freshman year in high school.  When I returned it was no where to be found.  I have since moved on and tried to remake as much as I could, but there have been many times where I start the phrase "Let me show you an examp-......oh yeah, it doesn't exist any more"  Heavy sigh.....  Hangs head in shame.  So now I take photos of everything because you never know when it could go missing.  Here are some of the projects that I have attempted with my students over the years.

 The white still life is always good to start basic shading techniques with Art I. 
 One of my favorite mediums is watercolor.  
This is a glazing technique that is pretty easy to do for Art II students.
 I also love working with Prismacolors.  Especially on black paper.
 One of my most successful projects is Op Art.  It teaches color, value and space so well.
The students really love it and it is a pretty easy one for all to understand and be successful.






 This is fun to do with patterns on textured surfaces.
 Tempera Resist.  
 Watercolor practice techniques using warm or cool colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment